Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Volunteer at the WILDEST place in town!

Fresno Chaffee Zoo is currently recruiting volunteers who have a love for animals and a passion for serving our community.  Docent volunteers are enthusiastic, energetic, and dedicated individuals who enjoy working with people of all ages, like to learn about the natural world, and are committed to cause of wildlife conservation. Docents provide meaningful and engaging information through a variety of activities including leading tours, presenting animal programs to the public, and staffing hands-on displays.

The twelve-week training classes will be held Fridays from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. beginning September 2nd. All applications must be received by August 13th. Classes include in-depth lectures, behind the scenes tours, keeper talks, and hands-on activities.  Docents must be at least 18 years of age. For an applications and more information contact Alysia Fierro in the Zoo's Education Department at 559-498-5945 or email afierro@fresnochaffeezoo.org

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Alysia, this is Cha Yang and I've met with you last week about voluteering at the zoo. I just wanted to let you know that I am interested in helping out with the ZooBoo activities that are coming up on the 28th and 29th of October. I would also be more than happy to show up for the training class for the Sting Ray Bay on November so that I can continue with my volunteer work there at the zoo too. Thank you so much for letting me have this oppurtunity to complete my hours and to help build up my skills.

    ReplyDelete